Right now I feel very domesticated because today I made homemade peanut butter! Let me just say, this stuff is out of this world. It’s creamy, peanut-buttery, and oh so good. You don’t even miss the processed name brands! Trust me, once you make this you won’t go back!
As a reminder, homemade peanut butter is healthier and cheaper than store bought-so definitely try it at least once! Oh and one more thing, it only takes 5 minutes to make! Peanut butter has never had it so good 🙂
Homemade Peanut Butter
- 1 lb (16 oz) of unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1-2 tsp of sugar or honey
- Place peanuts in a food processor. Turn on the food processor-don’t be startled, the peanuts will be really loud at this stage
- Watch the peanut butter as it churns. The peanuts will soon start to form a ball of hardened peanut paste.
- Turn the food processor off. Using a spoon, stir the paste around.
- Turn the food processor back on, the peanut butter will start to form. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Peanut butter is finished once the food processor is able to easily churn the mixture and the consistency is creamy and smooth. Turn off food processor. Sprinkle in honey or sugar. Stir to combine. Add more sugar or honey if you prefer a sweeter peanut butter.
- Place peanut butter in a glass jar(s) and put directly in fridge. This will keep for 2-3 weeks in the fridge (if it lasts that long)!