Okay so I know I haven’t published anything for quite a while, I’ve been busy with work and church activities for the past month or so. Plus my husband and I went on our first cruise and took other small trips to visit family during these past weeks. So now I’m back in baking mode!
I wanted to share this Labor Day recipe with you all (I apologize for the tardiness but you can always make it next year) because it’s so fun to make and super easy as well. Basically all you do is melt chocolate and add whatever mix-ins you want! Ba-bamm, you’ve got dessert!
I made this treat with my sisters and they went a little crazy…we put everything sweet we could find into this recipe.
I promise you that you will scarf these down without any hesitation. Go big or go home I always say 🙂
American Dessert Bark
- 12 oz of white chocolate chips (or do 6 oz of milk chocolate with 6 oz of white…that’s what we did. All white would look prettier)
- 1 package of mini oreos
- 1 large bag of Patriotic M&Ms (or regular M&Ms if they aren’t in season)
- Red, White, and Blue sprinkles-for extra pizazz
- Any other mix-ins you want!
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the chocolate into a glass bowl and place in microwave. Microwave in 30 second intervals until almost all chocolate is melted. Stir the the mixture vigorously to ensure all is melted.
- Spread the melted chocolate on the parchment paper. Use a spatula to ensure that the chocolate is smooth and even.
- Sprinkle the mix-ins on top of the chocolate.
- Once all the mix-ins have been added, place the finished product in the fridge until firm (30-45 minutes). You can keep in the fridge for longer if you want it more set, maybe 1-2 hours for the maximum needed “firm-up” time.
- Take the set chocolate out of the fridge and break it into pieces. Now you’re ready to get your bark on! Enjoy!