Sometimes a craving for take-out just hits you and you have no choice but to succumb to it. But then you have to go out or order delivery and that can get pricey if you enjoy Chinese on a regular basis (like me). What better way to feed your craving then with an easy stir-fry recipe that you can make from the comfort of your own home? That’s what is so great about this recipe. It creates a delicious meal in no time and it’s a super easy dinner to throw together.
Noodles and Company really inspired this dish. They have a killer Japanese Pan Noodle option that I love. I used black sesame seeds in this recipe because that’s one of my favorite parts of the Noodles’ dish.
Take a walk on the adventurous side and make some yummy Chinese stir-fry at home! You can even make this in your pajamas; don’t worry there’s no judgement here 😉
Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 lb boneless stir-fry steak, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil (olive oil is fine too)
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 4 oz of mushrooms, sliced (I used white mushrooms)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Black sesame seeds
- Cooked noodles or rice for serving, optional
- Toss the beef with 1 tbsp each cornstarch and vinegar and 2 tsp soy sauce in a medium bowl. In another bowl stir the brown sugar, the 2 remaining tsps of cornstarch and vinegar, the remaining 1 tsp soy sauce, and 1/3 cup water until dissolved.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame or olive oil in as large skillet over high heat. Add the beef and cook until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer from skillet and wipe the skillet clean.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the skillet over high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry about a minute. Add the mushrooms, a pinch of salt, and pepper to taste, and stir-fry until tender (4 minutes). Add cooked noodles (if using) and the brown sugar mixture to the vegetables. Add in the beef and sesame seeds, stirring until thick. Add lemon juice and more salt and pepper, if desired.
- If not using noodles, then serve over rice.