It was Sunday afternoon and I was craving peanut-butter and chocolate (I’m in Ohio–we loveee our Buckeye treats!). I knew I had to create something right then and there. But the temperatures were climbing up and I didn’t feel like starting up my oven. So I had an idea…a no bake peanut butter pie!
This peanut butter pie is simple, and yet it’s so decadent.There’s no cream cheese or cool whip to take away from the peanut butter, which is fine by me! I deem it the perfect summer, or heck any time, treat.
I’m sure that you can make a much prettier pie than mine, but I had a lot of fun whipping this up. I added chopped up Reeses on top, but you can certainly keep it plain or even drizzle chocolate sauce to make it extra fancy.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Yields 8 servings
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter–natural is fine
- 8 tbsp of softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For Topping (optional):
- 1 1/2 -2 cups chopped Reeses
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge
- Whipped Cream, for serving
- For Crust: Melt butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. Let cool for 2-4 minutes.
- Using a food processor, finely grind the chocolate graham crackers into crumbs until you get 1 1/2 cups. Place in a medium sized bowl. Add the melted butter and sugar. Stir until combined. It should resemble and feel like black sand. Once all combined, press the crust onto a pie pan, covering the bottom and all sides. Place pie crust in the freezer for 10 minutes while you make the filling.
- For the Filling: Using a stand mixer add softened butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar and beat on low until smooth and creamy. Once all smooth, take out the pie pan from the freezer and spoon the pie filling on top of the crust. Add chopped Reeses on top of the filling, if you’d like an added crunch to the pie. Place pie back in the freezer for up to 3 hours.
- When ready to devour, take pie from the freezer and place pie on the counter for 10 minutes to slightly thaw. Serve with whipped cream. Enjoy!